Sunday 23 September 2007

Not-Quite-So-Impending Doom

School hasn't even started yet, and already I'm in trouble.

Okay, this isn't actually school-related trouble, but I'm feeling sufficiently gloomy about it that I want to write about it somewhere.

Quite simply, I broke one of my rules. And I knew it was a rule when I broke it, and I still broke it. So I'm in trouble.

M expressed some disappointment when I told him about it - then he thought about it for a while and clarified that I had, indeed, known that it was a rule and had gone ahead and broken it anyway, and all of a sudden I'm not looking at a simple spanking. Instead, I'm looking at a spanking until he's sure I'm not going to wilfully break rules again, and then I'll get the spanking I was due for breaking the rule.

This would be bad enough, I think you'll appreciate that I feel guilty and sorry and am generally regretting my thoughtlessness (or rather, insufficient consideration of the consequences) - but I'm having to wait for the punishment as well. Real Life is intruding, as it so often does, and I don't know when it's going to happen.

The waiting is almost as bad as the punishment is probably going to be. I can't say "as bad", or "worse", because M has made references such as "taking [my] punishment out of [my] hide" (gulp). But it's pretty awful.

3 comments:

  1. Of course we hope he keeps you waiting until your knees turn to jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it horrible waiting for punishment!

    what rule did you break? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roper, when I made the original post I was already feeling slighly sick in my stomach! I'm not good at waiting for bad things. Or good things, really...

    Pixiepie, the rule I broke was about asking for permission before eating "junk food", which includes chocolate. He'd previously clarified (after I broke the rule before *blush*) that if I didn't get a reply to my text, that meant the answer was "no" unless/until I heard otherwise. So I knew this, but when I didn't hear back from him on Friday night I had some anyway. Actually quite a lot.

    Oh, and I was right - the waiting was awful, but not as bad as the punishment!

    ReplyDelete